The health of the ELOOP community and our service staff is a top priority. That is why we want to inform you about our measures in response to the latest developments related to the coronavirus.
Our service is still available to you without restrictions. The WKO explicitly says that the vehicle rental should continue to operate in order to maintain the mobility chain.
Our service staff have received instructions to regularly disinfect their hands and their equipment. Of course, this is for your protection, but also for our employees themselves.
How safe are our electric cars during the Corona Crisis?
On average, a car is driven by 1-2 people for several hours a day. A direct contact to other people does not take place with a rental, since the processing is completely digital via the mobile phone. Because human contact is one of the main reasons for transmitting the virus (coughing, sneezing, etc.), our cars are very safe. The best measure to slow the spread, is to distance yourself from other people (social distancing).
According to experts, a distance of 1-2 meters from other people is enough to significantly reduce the risk. If you take care to wash your hands, there is practically no risk of infection in our cars. We are big fans of public transport in Vienna and also work with Wiener Linien. However, in times like these it is much more advisable to drive alone than to get on the subway with many other people.
In order to be able to move safely during this state of emergency, we have taken the following precautions:
- Of course, our ELOOP cars are increasingly cleaned and disinfected.
- A disinfectant spray will also be found in all cars throughout the week. We kindly ask you to not take them with you, so all ELOOP users have the opportunity to disinfect them.
- Basically we suggest you wash / disinfect your hands before the start and after the end of your trip. Your mobile phone should also be cleaned and disinfected more often. Please also follow the instructions of the health authorities (sneezing and coughing only in the elbows, etc.).
- We want to ease the car sharing threshold for everyone by lifting the registration fee for the next few weeks. Registration is now free.
- In addition, the day-rentals of all cars will be cheaper if you end your trip with the vehicle fully loaded. Please do not forget that the charging stations are not a regular parking lot. Therefore, after the charging process, please park the car in a normal parking lot and end the rental there.
We wish you and your families all the best – stay safe!
And have a good trip!